Understanding the data in Infor XA is an important aspect of using Info
WorkPlace productively. Data subsets are, therefore, an important
feature of IWP as they store knowledge of the content, structure and
inter-relationships of the files in the Infor XA databases. This means
that critical information is automatically available to the report
designer, without needing to know the technical intricacies of the Infor
XA database design or file structure.
Infor XA data subsets are delivered as standard with IWP for Release
3 and above. These data subsets are designed to enhance access to Infor
XA data and include sample reports.
While the standard data subsets do not cover every area of Infor they do cover a wide variety of business areas and include:
- Item Planning and Order Information (IM, MRP, MPSP, COM, PUR)
- Engineering (PDM)
- Manufacturing Order Information (IM, PCC)
- Buyer Purchased Item Profile (IM, PUR)
- Customer Order Information (COM)
- Shipped Order History (COM)
- Inventory Transaction History (IM)
- Financial Transactions (IFM)
For the majority of customers these standard subsets have provided a
valuable starting point and for many have proved sufficient for their
Details of these subsets can be found in the following documents:
- Subsets / Reports - General Manual
- Subsets / Reports - IFM Manual
- Subsets / Reports - Boardroom Reporting Manual
PDF versions of these documents can be downloaded from the 'More
Information' page on this site.
However, Momentum continues to look for ways of expanding the subsets
subsets and EPDM Subset are available direct from Momentum.